Areas We Serve
Whether you prefer bustling cities or the quiet country, we can help you secure a loan. We’re happy to provide Idaho homebuyers with competitive interest rates, no matter where they reside. We service the following areas:
- Boise City
- Idaho Falls
- Coeur d'Alene
- Twin Falls
- Post Falls
- And more!
We operate across the entire state of Idaho to help you find a mortgage that works for you, no matter where the home you want to buy is located within the state.
Idaho Home Loans
Requirements to Qualify for an Idaho Mortgage
When applying for an Idaho housing mortgage, there are several requirements you’ll need to meet, including:
A minimum credit score
The minimum credit score required will vary for each Idaho mortgage lender. Your credit score directly impacts a lender’s decision to approve you for the loan because it demonstrates your likelihood to repay the home loan. If your credit history shows that you don’t pay Idaho loans back in a timely manner, then your application is more likely to get rejected. Credit scores can also impact your interest rate, influencing how much your mortgage costs you over the life of the loan.
You’ll be asked for your income on your Idaho mortgage loan application. This income will be verified, so it’s important you give the most accurate information. If your income doesn’t add up based on the verification process, then it’ll be difficult to gain approval. Typically, income is verified with tax returns, however, if you’re self-employed, bank statements may also be accepted.
Debt-to-income (DTI) ratio
The amount of monthly debt you have also plays a role in a lender’s decision. Idaho mortgage lenders need to see that you aren’t taking on too much debt without enough income to meet your payments. Most lenders will work with you if you have DTI at or below 43%.
Depending on the type of loan you’re applying for, it’s a good idea to have a down payment saved up before you begin the application process. The higher your down payment, the less you’ll pay over the life of the loan because you won’t need to borrow as much. Some loans require 20% down while others only require 3.5% down, so make sure you know how much you’ll need in order to get approved for a loan.
Mortgage Rates in Idaho
Mortgage rates in every state fluctuate daily because they are impacted by factors out of your control, such as the economy, inflation, and unemployment. Idaho is no different. If you want the best rates, ensure your credit score is as high as possible and look into Idaho loan providers who offer competitive rates.
Idaho Mortgage Programs
We offer competitive rates with each of our Idaho home loan options. Our loan officers can help you find the right mortgage program for your unique situation. Our programs include:
- DSCR Loans: DSCR loans allow real estate investors and mortgage brokers to qualify for financing based on their debt service coverage ratio (DSCR) rather than through traditional means. By calculating the DSCR, lenders can measure a potential borrower’s operating income in relation to their mortgage debt, and thus determine whether they will be able to repay a loan.
- Asset-Based Loans: When you take out an asset-based loan, you’re borrowing against the value of your assets. The more valuable your assets are, the more financing you can receive. This enables borrowers to tap into the equity of their assets and access financing.
- Traditional Home Loans: Traditional home loans, also known as conventional loans, are typically only suited for borrowers with good credit who can afford a 5 to 20% down payment.
- FHA Loans for First-Time Home Buyers: You can move forward with only 3.5% by applying for an FHA loan in Idaho, which is designed specifically for first-time buyers.
- VA Home Loans: If you’re a qualifying veteran or active-duty service member, you may be able to purchase a home with 0% down with a VA loan.
- Asset-Based Loans: Asset-based loans are a type of non-qualified mortgage (non-QM) loan that lets borrowers with limited funds use assets as income.
Buying a House in Idaho
Buying a home in Idaho is much like buying a home anywhere else in the United States. The only differences you’ll find are the home prices and the requirements depending on the Idaho mortgage company you choose to work with.
Whether you’re a seasoned home-buying expert or a first-time buyer ready to buy your first property, everything goes much smoother when your Idaho housing mortgage process is straightforward. We provide you with a loan officer that can answer your questions and keep in touch during every stage of the home loan process.
After you’ve applied online, our underwriters will review and verify all of the information you’ve provided. Once verified, you’ll agree to the terms and conditions of the loan, including the amount. From there, all you have to do is find the house of your dreams and negotiate with the sellers.
Purchasing a home in Idaho is easy, thanks to our fast approval process. We can pre – approve your loan in as few as 24 hours30 days so that you don’t miss the opportunity to make an offer.
Apply for an Idaho Home Loan
Let us help get you into your new home. The home loan process doesn’t have to be stressful or complicated. We’ll help you ensure that everything goes smoothly thanks to our knowledgeable loan offers and advanced systems that streamline the process.
Do you want to begin the home buying journey right now? Begin the application online or request a free home loan quote today!