Griffin Funding has many loan options for foreign nationals through our non-qm / non-agency loan programs. Here are some highlights to consider if you are a foreign national investing in U.S. real estate:
- Second home and investment properties
- Loans to $5 million
- Non-warrantable condos eligible
- Debt service coverage ratio loans available for investment properties
- Unlimited cash out
- No US FICO required*
- Visa required or visa waiver. (VISA Types Allowed: B-1, B-2, H-2, H-3, I, J-1, J-2, 0-2, P-1, P-2, TN NAFTA, Laser Visa)
- No credit events (foreclosure, short sale, bankruptcy) for at least 3 years.
- Borrowers from OFAC Sanctioned countries prohibited
* Foreign National Borrowers without Qualifying U.S. Credit (Including borrowers without a valid Social Security Number and borrowers with or without an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)) must provide evidence of three (3) active and open trade-lines with a 2 year history. No derogatory credit history is permitted. ANY combination of the following is acceptable to arrive at the trade-line requirement…
- Trade-lines evidenced via a U.S. credit report; AND/OR
- Trade-lines evidenced via international credit report; AND/OR
- Trade-lines evidenced via a credit reference letter from a verified financial institution in the borrower’s country of origin
Foreign national loans are also often referred to as ITIN loans and non-permanent resident alien loans.